Ian Gillis was born in Boston, MA and raised in Quito, Ecuador. His research interests include combustion and propulsion systems. He joined ASDL in Summer 2010.
- Grand Challenge: Thermal Management for Fighter Aircraft, Integrating a High Heat Load Device, sponsored by AFRL
- Research: ERA Propulsion Group, Combustor Emissions Modeling
- B.S., Aerospace Engineering, 2009, University of Miami
- K.V.Wong and Ian Gillis, “Transportation Energy Policy with a Focus on Biofuels,” Proceedings of the 5th WSEAS Int. Conf. on Heat and Mass Transfer, 2008, Acapulco, Mexico.
Memberships and Service
- Tau Beta Pi
- Pi Tau Sigma
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers