James Board is originally from Bowling Green, KY. He discovered his interest in Aerospace Engineering while working as a member of the Vanderbilt Aerospace Club from 2009-2010. Since then he has found ASDL to be the perfect location to combine his interests in Aerospace and Systems Engineering. When not working in the lab he enjoys rock climbing and cycling.
- Advanced Systems Engineering
- Military Systems
- GE Smartgrid Challenge - Designing metrics and systems for advanced grid analytics to assist decision-making by utility companies.
- Grand Challenge: Counter-Directed Energy Weapons - Working with the Navy to determine the effectiveness of different counters and countermeasures to directed energy weapons in the 2020-2025 timeframe.
- B.E., Major - Mechanical Engineering, Minor - Engineering Management, 2010, Vanderbilt University
- M.S., Aerospace Engineering, Expected 2012, Georgia Institute of Technology
Awards and Honors
- NASA USLI Program - 2010 Payload Prize
- NASA USLI Program - 2010 Website Design Prize
- Tennessee Section of AIAA - 2010 Special Award to Vanderbilt USLI Team
- Vanderbilt - 2010 Senior Design Award
Memberships and Service
- National Association of Rocketry - Level II Certification in High-Powered Rocketry