Scott Strong I grew up in Northbrook, Illinois just outside Chicago and went to High School at Glenbrook North High School. I am a die-hard Chicago Cubs fan and enjoy any kind of athletics, whether it be going for a long run, playing frisbee, golfing or climbing. I currently play lead trumpet in the Georgia Tech Jazz Ensemble and love to play the piano. As an undergraduate student, I attended Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa where I received my Bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering and continued to Georgia Tech to persue my Master's degree in Aerospace engineering at ASDL.
I am currently working as the team leader of a Grand Challenge project to design a hypersonic missile for time-critical targets. In addition to this, I am working on a research project contracted by the Joint Forces Command of the U.S. Military to analyze the capabilities of the current Ballistic Missile Defense System. Along with these projects, I have specific interests in guidance theory and global optimization algorithms, particularly biologically inspired algorithms, and there applications in the aerospace field.
- B.S., Aerospace Engineering, 2010, Iowa State University of Science and Technology
- M.S., Aerospace Engineering, 2011, Georgia Institute of Technology (Graduation 8/2011)
Awards and Honors
- Magna Cum Laude at Iowa State University
Memberships and Service
- Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society
- Sigma Gamma Tau Aerospace Engineering Honor Society