Dr. Stephane Dufresne
Research Engineer II
Building, Rm 313-B
(404) 385 - 3208
Stephane.Dufresne (at) asdl.gatech.edu
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- Ph.D., Aerospace Engineering, 2008
- M.S., Aerospace Engineering, 2003
Université de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Québec, Canada B.S., Mechanical Engineering with Aerospace Minor, 2001
Unified Trade-off Environment and Design Space Exploration of Naval Surface Combatants sponsored by the Canadian Navy
- Research Objective: Create a structured analysis framework to perform Cost-Capability trades by taking into account the Navy needs, operational missions, ship capabilities and available technologies.
Aerodynamic pod analysis sponsored by Raytheon
- Research Objective: Minimize aerodynamic drag of a sensor pod constraint by a fixed internal volume requirements.
Technology Portfolio Analysis sponsored by the German Aerospace Center (DLR)
- Research Objective: Develop a decision-making framework to assess the impact of future technologies on aircraft attributes and future environmental missions.
Micro-Autonomous Systems and Technology program sponsored by the Army Research Laboratory
- Research Objective: Quantitatively assess the impact of future technologies on revolutionary autonomous platform to increase the situational awareness of soldiers.
NextGen Vehicle Integration in collaboration with Sensis, sponsored by NASA
- Research Objective: Develop a modeling and simulation environment for a supersonic transport aircraft while including its impacts on the national airspace.
- Olivier, J.P., Balestrini-R., S., and Dufresne, S., : “Strategic Procurement and Design Methodology for Naval Surface Combatants”, To be presented at NATO Research & Technology Organization (RTO), Applied Vehicle Technology (AVT)-173 Workshop on Virtual Prototyping of Affordable Military Vehicles Using Advanced MDO, Sofia, Bulgaria, May 16-20, 2011.
- Mueller, M.A., Dufresne, S., Balestrini-R., S., and Mavris, D.N., “Enabling Rapid Naval Architecture Design Space Exploration”, presented at the Modeling and Simulation (MODSIM) conference, Hampton, VA, October 2010.
- “Technology Roadmap Report 3rd Edition.” International Air Transport Association. Geneva, 2009.
- Kirby, M.R., Nam, T., Ran, H., Dufresne, S., Burdette, G., Sung, W., and Mavris, D.N., “Advanced Vehicles Modeling for the Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen Vehicle Integration NRA)”, AIAA Proceedings 2009-7119, 9th AIAA Aviation Technology, Integration, and Operations Conference, September 2009.
- Mavris, D.N., Raczynski, C., Dufresne, S., Cole, B., Aksaray, D., Mian, Z., Zarovy, S., “Micro-Autonomous System and Technologies (MAST) Integrated Design, Analysis and Simulation (MIDAS)”, presented at the Ankara International Aerospace Conference, Ankara, Turkey, 2009.
- Dufresne, S., A Hierarchical Modeling Methodology for the Definition and Selection of Requirements, PhD Thesis, Georgia Institute of Technology. Atlanta, 2008.
- Dufresne, S., Johnson C., Mavris, D.N., “A Variable Fidelity Conceptual Design Environment for Revolutionary Unmanned Aerial Vehicles”, AIAA Journal of Aircraft, July 2008.