Mr. Stephen Edwards
Research Engineer I
Weber, Rm 120A
(404) 894 - 1447
- PhD in Aerospace Engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology, in progress.
- MS in Aerospace Engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology, completed in 2010.
- BS in Engineering Physics with Minors in Mathematics and Human Factors from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, completed in 2008.
Homeland Defense Ballistic Missile Defense System Analysis
- Sponsor: USNORTHCOM
Utilizing Response Surface Methods in Support of Launch Vehicle and Orion Loads Analysis Efforts
- Sponsor: JSC Loads and Structural Dynamics Branch
Aeromechanic and Vehicle Configuration Risk Reduction for a Reusable Booster
- Sponsor: AFRL
Capability Analysis and Risk Assessment (CARA) Enterprise Investment Technology Calculator
- Sponsor: Air Force Materiel Command
Technology Portfolio Analysis and Decision Support Tool
- Sponsor: The German Aerospace Center (DLR)
Membership and Service
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)
- Sigma Pi Sigma, the Physics Honor Society
- Psi Chi, the International Honor Society in Psychology
- Edwards, S. J., Mavris, D. N., Douglas, R., and Hellman, B. "Reusable Booster Sizing Sensitivities and Flight Envelope Identification Using Response Surface Methods," AIAA 2011-7127, AIAA SPACE 2011 Conference & Exposition, Long Beach, CA, 27 - 29 September, 2011.
- Edwards, S. J., Mavris, D. N., and Hellman, B. M. "Rocketback Trajectory Figures of Merit for a Reusable Booster Technology Flight Demonstrator," AIAA 2010-8667, AIAA SPACE 2010 Conference & Exposition, Anaheim, CA, 30 August - 2 September, 2010.