Waqas Majeed is currently pursuing his Ph.D. at Georgia Tech and is a graduate resaerch assistant at ASDL. He is working with Dr. Mavris (AE) and Dr. Sadegh (ME). He did help in teaching a few undergraduate and graduate courses at Georgia Tech mainly in controls, dynamics, and design. He has worked on variety of projects related to design and control of space, naval, and air systems. In free time, if there is still any, he enjoys playing many outdoor and indoor games, aquatics, chess, sightseeing, and reading history.
Contact: Majeed [at] gatech [dot] edu
Waqas has general research interests in the areas of system of systems and complexity. Specifically, he is interested in design and control of complex, networked, and embedded systems. At this end, he uses concepts and tools from machine learning, estimation, optimization, and control theory. Applications of interest include spacecrafts, mobile robots, and UAVs.
- Ph.D., 2012 (expected), Georgia Institute of Technology
- M.S., Electrical and Computer Engineering (Embedded systems and controls), 2012 (expected), Georgia Institute of Technology
- M.S., Aerospace Engineering (Systems Engineering), 2011, Georgia Institute of Technology
- M.S., Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering (Dynamics and Controls), 2007, University of Southern California
Awards and Honors
- National Talent Fellowship, 2006-2008
- Honors, B.S. Mechanical Engineering
Memberships and Service
- Student Member: AIAA, ASME, IEEE
Being published, soon to be added here.